This magnificent photo which graces the Acropolis Metro Station in Athens
For Melina Mercouri,
who was born Greek and died Greek,
and left us so much poorer,
18 years ago today...
If you ask me whether I will be alive when the Marbles return to Greece,
I tell you, yes, I will be.
Photo Credit: Alexis Mantheakis
We have built the Museum...
Each missing sculpture has its own space...
It is the least we can do...
- Melina Mercouri - The Woman who should have been Mayor of Athens
- In Memory of Global Greeks Melina Mercouri and Jules Dassin
- Parthenon Marbles: There are No Excuses Any More - Bring Them Back!
- The Parthenon through the Ages: Costas Gavras' Masterpiece
- I AM GREEK AND I WANNA GO HOME...Let's Bring Them ALL Home!
- Alexis Mantheakis - Pilgrimage for Repatriation of the parthenon Marbles