The Global Greek Pulse
A selection in one place for you to enjoy!
Just click on the underlined/highlighted link to go to the related article.
The Greek Ministry of Culture released this presentation/sketch by Architect M Lefatzis’ of the interior of the tomb inside the Kasta Tumulus of ancient Amphipolis, Macedonia, Greece.
"Σςςςςςς! Κοιμάται η Βασίλισσα!"
- Speculation runs wild as Amphipolis slowly reveals its Millennia-old secrets: Stunning Alexander-era Caryatid statues found guarding theancient tomb
We would have included an article by National Geographic here but decided against it when we saw that they had two major fails in one of their articles.
They referred to FYROM as 'MACED' in a map in the article, and they incorrectly wrote ' Macedonia, now Northern Greece' instead of 'Macedonia, IN Northern Greece' in the same article.
On a humorous note, the regional governor of Serres, Mr Yiannis Moisiadis, told Parapolitika a while back, that Archaeologists from FYROM offered their help at Amphipolis. Politely declining their request, Mr Moisiadis advised them that if anything written in Slavic is unearthed it will be sent to Skopje... (article in Greek)
- 'The Parthenon marbles are the world's most beautiful art – and that's why we should give them back ' Hear, hear!
- ‘Gods, Myths & Mortals’ opens in Australia at Melbourne’s HellenicMuseum on September 12, 2014. Greek Treasures across the Millennia from Greece’s Benaki Museum will be exhibited under a collaboration agreement between the two museums.
- Thrive goes Downunder: Media Mogul Arianna Huffington will be speaking September 12, 2014 in Auckland, New Zealand. See her list of tips for a better life
- On the road to an Oscar, Pantelis Voulgaris' latest film LITTLE ENGLAND to open the inaugural EUphoria Film Festival on September 19, 2014 in Los Angeles
- On 25 September, 2014,Greece's beloved Nana Mouskouri returns to London’s Royal Albert Hall as part of her extended Happy 80th Birthday Tour
- White sands, turquoise waters, friendly locals, all this in one country-Greece! Conde Nast Readers keep GreekIslands in No 2 spot
- Vanuatu Crater descent a 'Window into Hell' for Greek Canadian Explorer George Kourounis
- The Spyros Louis Cup awarded to the first Marathon winner in 1896, is on display at the Olympic Museum in Lausanne
- To Athens for History: The Athens Marathon, the Marathon of Marathons in the 10 Marathons for all Occasions list
- Top Greek-American ultramarathon runner Dean Karnazes returns for the Navarino Challenge, 19-21 September 2014 as its official ambassador raising awareness of the issue of Child Obesity and the benefits of the Mediterranean Diet.
Spartathlon 26-27 September 2014: Ultra-distance race, from Athens to Sparta, tracing the footsteps of Pheidippides in 490BC
- Dimitris Avramopoulos in the hot seat: Greece gets Migration and Home Affairs portfolio in EUCabinet.
- Crete’s ANEK Lines super luxurious car ferry Elyros, Greek crew and all, used as floating hotel for Libya’s embattled parliament.
- 'I never set out to become a hero, I have always followed my convictions' Manolis Glezos, Euro MP and WWII Resistance Fighter, 92 ...
- Lest we Forget - September 6-7, 1955: Septemvriana a black anniversary for all Greeks. Staged Turkish ‘riots’ deal a death-blow to the Greek populationof THE City
- EatGREEK Part I: Greek Americans Professor Stefanos Kales and Chef Michael Psillakis host the Mediterranean Diet Seminar at Harvard University, 27-28 September 2014
- EatGREEK Part II: Stefanos Kales Eating like a Greek can lead to healthier workplaces and schools
- EatGREEK Part III: After the seminar, Greek Food and Wine Expo on Sunday 28 September 2014 in Boston
- Watch out Starbucks, here comes Greece’s MIKELl!!! BuyGREEK forever!
- Greek-American Designer John Varvatos Opens his flagship European store in London and celebrates!
- Angelos Getsis, Young Greek among Google 2014 Science Fair finalists: Vote for the project with potential to change the world.
- 79th Thessaloniki International Fair opened its doors with increased participation. 6 - 14 September 2014.
The Global Greek Pulse
Stay tuned for more...
At Global Greek World, We ♥ Greece...and it shows!