It took two of our Global Greeks,Alexis Mantheakis and Ares Kalogeropoulos,both born and raised outside Greece,to get together and mastermind this marvellous series of pictures titled If Elgin was in... driving the point home much more emphatically than thousands of words ever could.
Direct and with impact, the reaction when we posted these pictures on our Facebook Page was instant and overwhelmingly positive!
....unfortunately, and we all know the disastrous results of Elgin's stay in Athens - the unprecedented destruction of the monument in order to rip the sculptures from their natural home and transport them to England.
However the sculptures have 'spoken', and their message is loud and clear...
This campaign is one of many especially aimed at the British Museum, which steadfastly refuses to part with the sculptures ripped from their original home by the not-so-noble Lord Elgin...
About the creators:
Ares Kalogeropoulos, one of our Global Greeks living in Germany, is the creator of the I AM GREEK AND I WANT TO GO HOME movement, an independent movement for repatriation of the magnificent statues and sculptures plundered in days gone by and now held 'hostage' in various museums around the world.
As Global Greek World, we are pleased to be part of the IPSACI movement from the very first day, supporting Greece's just demand for the return home of these unique works of art pillaged by Elgin and which remain imprisoned at the British Museum...
- Open letter to British PM David Cameron
- I AM GREEK AND I WANT TO GO HOME...Let's Bring them ALL Home!
- The Parthenon through the Ages-Costas Gavras Masterpiece
- Remembering Melina - the Woman who was Born Greek and Died Greek
- Melina Mercouri - The Woman who should have been Mayor of Athens
- In Memory of Global Greeks Melina Mercouri and Jules Dassin
- Parthenon Marbles: There are No Excuses Any More - Bring Them Back!
- The Parthenon through the Ages: Costas Gavras' Masterpiece
- Alexis Mantheakis - Pilgrimage for Repatriation of the Parthenon Marbles